Round table: Renewable energies in the Basque Country: conflict or solution?
- 📅 Date: 25 April, tuesday
- 🏛 Place: Vitoria-Gasteiz, Pio Baroja Auditorium in Bizkaia Aretoa
- 🕤 Time: from 18:00 to 20:00 hours
As you are well aware, the projects and plans that are appearing these days in the Basque Country to promote renewable energies have generated unrest, heated debates and a certain amount of conflict in different places. The energy and eco-social transition is a task in which it is necessary to think and plan well where and how to establish the infrastructures, in the most democratic way possible, because otherwise, the whole project could be ruined.
The Ekopol research group at the University of the Basque Country/Euskal Herriko Unibertsitatea (UPV/EHU) believes that it may be important to make an effort to channel calm and reasonable debates. For this reason, together with EHUgune, we have organised several round tables, trying to synthesise and transfer all the discourses and reflections on the subject.
We have chosen three dates and three places so that as many people as possible have the opportunity to attend. The speakers will have different profiles and opinions on the three occasions.
- The first round table was in Donostia, on 23 February, at 17:30 in the Carlos Santamaria centre (Ibaeta Campus). Here is a small chronicle of the event: Berriztagarrietatik kontsumo aldaketara (Berria)
- The second, in Vitoria-Gasteiz, on 23 March, at 18:00. The event can be seen through this link, and we also have its chronicle: Trantsizioaren korapiloak (Berria).
- The third and final event will be in Bilbao, on 25 April, at 18:00, at the Bizkaia Aretoa. It will be streamed on EHUtb.
Soon we will also publish a video and a text collecting the contents of the debates.
Admission is free. To register, please fill in this form.
We look forward to seeing you there!
The speakers who will be in Bilbao:
Julen Rekondo (Environmental consultant)
Jose Ramon Becerra (Berdeak-EQUO)
Cristina Pizarro (BC3 – UPV/EHU)
Mirene Begiristain (Economist – UPV/EHU)
Iñigo Ansola (EVE)
And the moderator:
Ane Zabala (Journalist – BH Irratia)